To restore balance to the body, we must first regulate the nervous system, and second, feed it the fuel it deserves. The only way to understand what the body needs is through specific nutritional testing: genetics for the blueprint and metabolic panels for the here and now.
Functional nutrition is a precise, individualized approach to dietary and lifestyle needs. Understanding how your body utilizes vitamins and minerals, as well as analyzing how your body is functioning at this moment in time can help our practitioners customize a tailored plan of action to meet your healthcare goals.
What does that mean?
A nutrition plan made for you alone. Functional nutrition is not a cookie cutter, one-size-fits-all approach. Through specific laboratory testing, we can come up with a game plan that meets your needs.
Who can benefit?
Everybody. No, really. From birth to 100+ years of age, it's never too late to understand how your body uses food. At NeuroWorks Wellness Center, we specifically focus on 4 types of patients:
- Women -- Ladies, you are our number one priority. You tend to take care of everyone else while putting your needs on the back burner. However, we would argue that you need to put yourself first. Your children, your spouse, and even your coworkers will thrive if you prioritize your own needs.
- Children -- We love taking care of kids, especially when they have specific needs. Whether they are dealing with poor gut health or chronic immune challenges, children often need nutritional support.
- Athletes -- You have a particular set of nutritional needs based on your competition goals. We tailor plans based on 25 fitness genes that help you optimize your sport.
- Animals -- Let's face it, dogs are our favorite. Our four-legged friends deserve more than just kibble from a bag. Whether they have specific concerns or you simply want to provide the best wellness care, we can support them via nutritional supplements.
How does it work?
The steps to becoming a functional nutrition client are as follows:
- Discovery Call -- Book this appointment for a free 15 minute consultation t see if we're the right fit. We'll tell you from the beginning if we think we can help you, and we are completely transparent about timing/cost/expectations.
- Medical Case Review -- We start here with everyone, as we need to get to know you. Whether you have had testing in the past or are coming in with a fresh diagnosis, we want to understand where you've been so that we can map out where you're going.
- Perform Tests -- We utilize the best labs on the market and pass our practitioner savings on to you. Whether it's a genetic test, blood work, or stool test, we have the right tests for your goals.
- Understand Your Plan -- We create customized treatment plans based on your test results. We write them down and provide you with details for each step.
- Check Points -- As you begin your journey, we will set up specific check points along the way. We may tweak supplements or dietary changes as needed.
- Retest -- Depending on your condition, we may need to retest certain labs to see the progress.
Common Conditions We See:
Patients come to our clinic with any number of diagnoses (not given by us). They are often working with a medical provider and a team of other healthcare practitioners. While we do prefer to be the only one assessing nutrition, we encourage you to have a primary care provider by your side.
The following is a list of conditions we see most often:
- Hormone concerns
- Prenatal care
- Adrenal dysfunction (aka "Adrenal Fatigue")
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain fog
- Weight Management
- Type II Diabetes
- PANS / PANDAS
- and so much more...